Gopher Football Event Information
If you need assistance please contact the Gopher Ticket Sales & Service Office at email@example.com or 612-624-8080.
All Football season ticket holders have the opportunity to purchase season long parking passes for games at TCF Bank Stadium.
If you do not purchase a season parking pass, you will need to use single game parking. Tailgating is available in St. Paul at Fairgrounds Lot S108 and a free fan shuttle can take you to the stadium. Parking is also available in the Church Street Garage, East River Road Garage and Lot C79 on the East Bank campus (no tailgating at these locations).
To pick up your football season parking pass from will call on game day or if you forgot your game day parking pass, go to the north side of Mariucci Arena at the 5th St. loading dock. Short-term parking for pick up of season parking pass/forgotten passes will be provided on the street connection between 5th and Oak Street.
Season Parking Directions
Below please find maps showing parking locations for football gameday Saturdays. Because we anticipate heavy congestion on East Bank, we are providing you with a recommended travel route into campus. Please be aware that certain campus roads may be closed to traffic.
|ZONE 1 ($2,500 Donation Required)||ZONE 2 ($1,000 Donation Required)||ZONE 3||ZONE 4|
|Maroon Lot||Ski-U-Mah Lot||4th Street Ramp||Lot C-86|
|Gold Lot||Lot 37||Oak Street Ramp||Lot S108|
|Gopher Lot||University Ave. Ramp||Washington Ave. Ramp|
|Lot 33||Lot C55|
|Minnesota Lot||Lot C58|
- Arrive Early - Parking facilities will be open 6 hours before the start of the game, but not before 7 am. Waiting will not be allowed at any of the parking facilities before opening.
- A correctly dated season parking pass is REQUIRED to park in pre-reserved facilities. Both sections of parking pass must be presented at facility entrance. *
- For maps and directions, go to Parking and Transportation Services
- Officers will direct traffic leaving the East Bank Campus area so that you can exit as quickly as possible. You might not leave the same way that you arrived. View map here.
- Please park in designated lots provided for game day parking. Illegal parking will be strictly enforced, on and off campus, and will be subject to tagging and towing at owner’s expense.
Single Game Parking Information
Single game football parking (public parking in an attended facility) will be available on the East Bank, West Bank and in St. Paul. Gopher football shuttles provide connections from St. Paul to the stadium.
Single game parking is available for purchase in advance.
Single Game Parking Directions
|East Bank||St. Paul||West Bank|
|East River Road Garage ($10)||Lot S108 ($10)||19th Ave. Ramp ($6 - Pay as you Exit)|
|Church Street Garage ($20)||21st Ave. Ramp ($6 - Pay as you Exit)|
|University Ave. Ramp ($20 - Disability Only)|
Available locations for single game parking
- West Bank (limited availability): 19th Avenue Ramp and 21st Avenue Ramp (No tailgating allowed)
- St. Paul: Lot S108 (Tailgating allowed)
- East Bank: East River Road Garage and Church Street Garage (No tailgating allowed)
On home game-days, Gopher Football Shuttles will connect parking on the St. Paul campus to TCF Bank Stadium.
- Football shuttles will run every 10 minutes starting 3 hours before the game and increase to 3-5 minutes service starting 2 hours before the game.
- During the game, shuttles will run every 10 minutes.
- After the game, shuttles will run every 3-5 minutes until the crowd is gone. After the mass crowd is gone, 20 minute service will continue for one additional hour.
The St. Paul Shuttle will stop at Lot S108 (St. Paul fairgrounds):
- Paratransit Service is provided on the St. Paul shuttle route two hours before kick off. Drivers will take a break 15 minutes after kick and get back out in service at half time until the entire crowd is gone.
- All Gopher Football Shuttles are low-floor, one-level buses and are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
- The University's Campus Connector operates on its weekend schedule (every 20 minutes from 9:30 a.m. until midnight). See a gameday map of the routes and stops.
Tips for Single Game Attendees
- Find specific directions to campus and plan your commute before you leave home.
- Try to arrive early. Parking facilities will be open 6 hours before the start of game, but not before 7 am. Waiting will not be allowed at any of the parking facilities before opening.
- Please park in designated lots provided for game day parking. Illegal parking will be strictly enforced, on and off campus, and will be subject to tagging and towing at owner's expense.
- Do not walk or drive across railroad property. It is dangerous to walk between rail cars. The Railroad Police will be issuing citations for trespassing.
Other Parking Information
Motorcyclists can purchase a season parking pass. For single game parking, motorcyclists may pay the public event rate on game days at an attended facility on East Bank, West Bank, or in St. Paul.
RV and bus parking is available on game day only in Lot S108 (the state fairgrounds lot) in the St. Paul campus area. The cost is $40/game. Buses can drop off people on the corner of 4th St SE and 23rd Ave Se behind the Days Inn.
Gopher football shuttles will provide connections to the stadium from the St. Paul parking. Dedicated ADA accessible shuttles for those with disabilities or in need of extra assistance will be available on the St. Paul shuttle routes. The St. Paul disability shuttle, post-game, will load on the west side of 23rd Ave. where the shuttle drops off pre-game.
RVs with season parking passes (only available to season ticket holders) will be in the Gateway Lot on the East Bank.
Charter Bus Parking
Parking for charter buses on Gopher Gamedays is conveniently located in specified zones walking distance from TCF Bank Stadium. The buses park in their specified zones after arriving on campus where they unload, remain parked throughout the game, then reload post game. Reservations and permits for these zones are sold on a per game basis by the City of Minneapolis. To book a reservation visit mplsparking.com/Service.
Day-of-game disability parking is available in the University Ave. Ramp or Lot S108 on the St. Paul campus. For more information please call the Gopher Ticket Office at 612.624.8080.
The University of Minnesota permits tailgating on football game days in designated surface parking lots, during specified hours and under other general conditions. Tailgating may begin 6 hours before game time, but no earlier than 7 am. Tailgating must end 4 hours after game time or midnight, whichever comes first. All vehicles must leave the parking lots when they close at midnight. Green space within a parking lot or within 15 feet of a designated surface parking lot may be used for tailgating by the participants assigned to that parking lot.
Tailgating is NOT permitted on any other University of Minnesota property, including parking ramps and garages. These policies are intended to enhance the football game day experience, promote a safe campus environment and preserve the beauty of our campus. Please park in designated lots provided for game day parking. Illegal parking will be strictly enforced, on and off campus, and will be subject to tagging and towing at owner's expense.
- Gold Lot
- Gopher Lot
- Lot 33
- Lot 37
- Lot C55
- Lot C58
- Lot C59
- Lot C86
- Lot S108
- Maroon Lot
- Minnesota Lot
- Ski-U-Mah Lot
The following items and activities are allowed in lots:
- Gas grills with a maximum propane cylinder size of 20 pounds
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons of legal drinking age, and in compliance with all applicable state laws, city ordinances and University policies
- Portable outdoor furniture
- Tents and awnings that do not block adjacent parking spaces, impede drive aisles or require the use of stakes
- Portable generators
The following items and activities ARE NOT ALLOWED in lots:
- NO CHARCOAL
- Kegs, party balls, drinking game accessories and large quantity or common source containers of alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers of any kind, including bottles and cups
- Open fires fueled by charcoal, wood or other combustible materials of any kind
- Disruptive music or noise
- Couches or other large furniture items
- Promotional or marketing activities without appropriate authorization from the University
- Sale of products, food or beverages except as authorized by the University
- Occupying more than one parking space
- Saving a parking space for someone else
- No Blocking of aisles withing tailgate lots.
- Respect other people and property
- Properly dispose of trash
- Cooperate with law enforcement authorities and University personnel
- Comply with all applicable University, city, state and federal rules, policies, ordinances and laws Violation of any University of Minnesota Tailgating Rules could result in fines and loss of game tickets and tailgating Privileges.
Stadium Village Station on the METRO Green Line is just steps away from TCF Bank Stadium! METRO Blue Line passengers can connect to the METRO Green Line at Downtown East Station (formerly Metrodome Station). Many Metro Transit buses stop near TCF Bank Stadium or connect with the Green Line.
For help planning your game day trip by bus, light rail or train, visit metrotransit.org/gophers.
Bicycle parking spaces are located around the stadium.
TCF Bank Stadium Maps
Will Call is located at the main ticket office at TCF Bank Stadium between Big Stone and Carlton counties. Visiting team Will Call can be found under Yellow Medicine County.
Will Call is open 3 hours prior to kickoff and closes at halftime of each home game. During non-event hours will call can be picked up Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Mariucci Arena Ticket Office.
A government or school issued ID must be shown to pick up tickets at Will Call.
Third-Party Will Call Policy
All Will Call tickets left by a third party must leave a contact name and phone number.
Note – Violation of stadium rules could result in fines, loss of tickets, and removal from TCF Bank Stadium.
Suggestion – It is highly recommended that fans arrive early for all home games.
Reason – Arriving early will allow Gopher fans to take part in the Victory Walk, avoid lines at the gates, and ensure they are seated in TCF Bank Stadium prior to the opening kickoff.
Policy – Minnesota provides a memorable game day experience for all fans. Please help us to enhance the fan experience by demonstrating sportsmanship at all times. If you encounter unruly behavior, please contact an event staff representative. Spectators must remain off the playing field at all times. The University of Minnesota reserves the right to remove from the stadium, without refund, any individuals disrupting other fans, team representatives, or officials. This can be accomplished by texting the word “GOLD” to 78247. Reason – The University of Minnesota is dedicated to providing a safe environment for all spectators, coaches, athletes and officials. Immediate action will be taken to ensure the safety of all attendees.
Entry / Security
Policy – Gates will open 90 minutes prior to kick-off. Please utilize the entrance gate marked on your ticket – this will help ease congestion at the entry gates. Security will screen everyone entering TCF Bank Stadium with a hand-held metal detector. Please click here for the TCF Bank Stadium Bag Policy. Reason – These security measures are in place for the safety of all Gopher fans. It is suggested that fans arrive early and bring as few personal items as possible into TCF Bank Stadium – this will expedite the entry process.
Policy – Elevators are located at all major gates of TCF Bank Stadium. Elevators are reserved for guests requiring extra assistance. Elevators at gates A, B, C, and D travel to the 100 and 200 levels, while the elevator at gate E will transport guests to the main concourse. Please plan accordingly if you plan to take an elevator to the upper concourse.
Policy – Access to the premium entrance (located near Benton County) is restricted to individuals with tickets for the DQ Club, Indoor Club, Suites, or Loge Boxes. Individuals holding premium tickets are greatly encouraged to enter TCF Bank Stadium through the premium entrance.
Reason – The premium lobby is only designed to accommodate a limited number of patrons for game-day access.
Prohibited items must be returned to vehicles or disposed of before entering the stadium. There are no provisions to check items at the gates and items abandoned outside the gates will be confiscated.
The following is a list of items that are prohibited in TCF Bank Stadium:
- Aerosol cans
- Animals (except assistive animals)
- Backpacks, luggage, grocery bags, duffel bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases. View Bag Policy
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.)
- Beverages, beverage containers, or liquids (cans, bottles or boxes)
- Camcorders and tripods
- Cameras with lenses over six inches long
- Cans, bottles, thermoses
- Coolers of any kind, including small soft pack coolers
- Illegal drugs
- Laptops, iPads, tablets or other large electronic devices
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices
- Objects that can be used as projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, poles, frisbees, etc.)
- Sticks or flag poles
- Selfie sticks
- Tobacco products
- Video cameras
The following items will be inspected. Please note all items are subject to search by gate personnel.
- Signs (must comply with standard of decency; no profane or offensive language or offensive messages; cannot exceed 24” by 36”)
Re-entry to Stadium
Policy – Patrons may not leave and re-enter TCF Bank Stadium. Reason – To enhance security, patrons are not allowed to leave TCF Bank Stadium and return.
Security Screening at Entrance Gates
Policy – Security will screen everyone entering TCF Bank Stadium with a hand-held metal detector. This type of screening is common at professional sporting events. Our stadium staff has experience moving large crowds quickly through entrances after doing so the last two season for the Vikings, as well as at other high-profile events we have hosted.
Policy – TCF Bank Stadium is a non-smoking facility.
Reason – Smoking is prohibited in all facilities of the University of Minnesota campus.
Standing During Games
Policy – Fans are encouraged to enthusiastically support the Gophers. Standing is expected during significant plays or moments throughout the game. We do ask you to please be courteous of other fans during the game. If complaints from fans regarding standing are reasonable and continuous, these situations will be addressed by game personnel.
Reason – The University of Minnesota asks that all fans demonstrate common courtesy throughout the game.
Student ID Policy
Policy – All individuals possessing a student ticket must present a valid UM Student ID for admission.
Policy – Tickets that are lost or stolen can be replaced. Refunds will not be issued. Replacement tickets will only be issued to the person who purchased the tickets. Valid identification must be shown in order to have replacement tickets issued. There will be a $5 fee for replacement tickets.
Policy – The sale of counterfeit tickets has increased in areas surrounding TCF Bank Stadium. Unless tickets were purchased from the Gopher Ticket Office, you may have invalid tickets. Patrons attempting to enter TCF Bank Stadium with an invalid ticket will be denied admission.
If you need assistance during the game, please ask any event staff representative. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal's work or the individual's disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
Accessible Seating Areas
Lower Level (all locations are at concourse level unless noted): 103, 107 (top and bottom), 108 (bottom only), 109, 110, 112-117, 121, 123-129, 133-143, 145, 150 Upper Level (all locations are at the top of the sections): 201-210, 213-224, 226-236
Assisted Listening Devices
Assisted listening devices are available for guests who might require them by visiting any of the Fan Relations booths located behind sections 101/103 and 144/145 on the main concourse of TCF Bank Stadium.All messages transmitted over the PA system will be captioned on the main scoreboard.
The arranged drop-off point for any guests with disabilities is located on the westbound lane of University Ave near the intersection with Oak Street.
Public elevators are available at all entrances to TCF Bank Stadium and are accessible to guests with disabilities.
For convenience of guests with disabilities, all gates are equipped with accessible lines provided to minimize wait times. These lines are clearly marked by signs and are for the use of guests with disabilities and their companions only.
Dedicated ADA accessible shuttles for those with disabilities or in need of extra assistance will be available on the St. Paul shuttle routes. These dedicated shuttles will load at the same location as the regular Gopher Football shuttles except that the St. Paul disability shuttle, post-game, will load on the west side of 23rd Ave. where the shuttle drops off pre-game.
Guests using accessible parking are encouraged to park in the University Ave Ramp on game day. Golf cart service will be provided to and from the stadium for any guests who require it. For any other parking questions, please contact the Gopher Ticket Office at 612-626-8080 or toll free at 1-800-UGOPHER.
All Minneapolis/St. Paul public transportation is accessible to people with disabilities. For more information on using the bus or light rail to get to TCF Bank Stadium, please reference the Public Transportation section of the Fan Guide. A public paratransit service is available for people with disabilities. Metro Mobility is the door-to-door public transportation system for people with disabilities in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and certain adjoining suburbs. For more information call 651-602-1111.
All Golden Gopher Football games are available with no delay on KFAN FM 100.3.
Public restrooms are located along the main concourse of TCF Bank Stadium and are all ADA accessible. ADA-accessible family restrooms can be found behind sections 101, 119, 127 and 144.
All patrons must have a reserved ticket for a disabled seating area. For ADA-accessible seating tickets, contact the Gopher Ticket Office at 612-624-8080 or toll free at 1-800-UGOPHER. Guests are strongly encouraged to call in advance of the game to ensure availability. Guests can also fill out the ADA Accommodation Form and send it back to Gopher Fan Relations. To switch regular seating tickets to disabled seating tickets on game day please visit the Gopher Ticket Office located in the southwest corner of the stadium between the Big Stone and Carver countysigns. Changes on game day will only be made if disabled seating tickets are still available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I enter TCF Bank Stadium on game day?
Gates A through E run counter-clockwise around the stadium. Students may only enter Gate C and must have a valid U of M, Twin Cities ID.
Where is Will Call located?
Public and Premium Will Call are located under Big Stone and Carlton Counties. Parking Will Call is located at the Mariucci Arena Loading Dock (tickets with parking will be here too). Player Guest Will Call is located under Carver County (East side of Ticket Office). Visiting Team Will Call is located under Watonwan County.
Where is the student entrance at TCF Bank Stadium?
Students must enter at Gate C and must show a valid U of M, Twin Cities ID with a student ticket to be admitted. If students sold their student ticket to someone who is not a student and that individual does not have a UCard, they will not be admitted. Student Guests (using a guest pass) will also be able to enter at Gate C (they will not need a UCard to enter).
Does it matter what gate I enter in?
Fans may enter any gate regardless of their ticket location. Tickets should have gates on them, but in general, fans may enter in the following gates:
Gate A: Sections 101-110 and 201-210
Gate B: Sections 111-119 and 211-219
Gate C: Student Entrance (Sections 119-129 and 219-229)
Gate D: Sections 130-140 and 230-240
Gate E: Sections 141-145 and 241-245
What should I do if I lost my season tickets the day of the game?
If you lose your ticket on gameday, go to the Gopher Ticket Office between Big Stone and Carlton counties to get your tickets reprinted. Please note: The season ticket holder's ID will be required to reprint tickets.
What should I do if my tickets are lost or stolen?
Tickets that are either lost or stolen will not be refunded. If you purchased the tickets through the Gopher Ticket Office, you can have them reprinted.
My children are coming to the game. Do they need tickets?
Children under 2 years of age do not need a ticket.
What are the alcohol policies on game day?
Alcohol sales in TCF Bank Stadium will start 90 minutes prior to kickoff and end at the end of the 3rd quarter. Patrons will be limited to two alcoholic beverages per person per transaction. Patrons may return to their seats to consume their beverages. No hard liquor will be sold or served at TCF Bank Stadium for intercollegiate athletic events. Any customer who appears to be 30 years old or younger must show valid photographic identification before each purchase. All patrons should be prepared to show an ID. Proof of age for purchasing or consuming alcoholic beverages may be established only by one of the following:
- a valid driver's license or identification card issued by Minnesota, another state, or a province of Canada, and including the photograph and date of birth of the licensed person;
- a valid military identification card issued by the United States Department of Defense;
- a valid passport issued by the United States (and/or foreign national governmental body)
Where are ATMs located?
ATMs are located inside the McNamara Alumni Center, inside the University Avenue Ramp by the stairwell, and inside the Stadium along the Concourse. View Concourse Map.
Where are elevators located inside TCF Bank Stadium?
Gates A, B, C, D, and E
What is the smoking policy at TCF Bank Stadium?
As of July 1, 2014, University of Minnesota facilities, buildings, and grounds on the Duluth, Crookston, Rochester, and Twin Cities campuses are smoke and tobacco free. More information
When do gates open?
Gates open 1.5 hours prior to kickoff.
Can I bring any food or drink in the stadium with me?
No outside food or drink is allowed in the stadium.
Where are the Guest Services booths located?
The Guest Services booths are located inside on the Concourse near Gates A, C, and E. We provide many services, including Tag-A-Kid, Lost and Found, and Lost Patrons. Outside the stadium, Fan Information tents are located near gates A, E, and in between B and C.
Where is the lost and found located?
All lost and found items are broght to one of the guest services booths at gates A or E during them game. After the game, all lost and found items are brought to Jackson County. The phone number for Lost and Found at Jackson County is 612-624-5528. Lost children/family members: Please go to the nearest fan information tent and work with a staff member to be reunited.
What items are prohibited in TCF Bank Stadium?
Click here for the Carry-In Policy.
Is there a place to breastfeed?
Yes. Nursing locations are available at all first aid booths. First aid booths are located at the top of sections 101, 127, and 144.
Where can I purchase programs?
Programs are available for sale on the concourse inside the stadium (until they sell out), on the plazas surrounding the stadium, and in Goldy's Locker Room. Programs are sold beginning 90 minutes prior to kick-off.